Dinosaur kale with cherry tomatoes and garlic
1 bunch of kale, washed, with center rib removed and chopped into 1 1/2 inch strips
3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
3/4 cup sweet cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
One cube of vegetable boullion
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsps olive oil for sauteeing
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan until hot then add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds or until it begins to brown slightly.
2. Add cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes soften - about 2-3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, pour the boiling water over the boullion and smush with a fork to help it dissolve. Add the soy sauce and mix to combine. Set aside.
4. Add the kale to the frying pan with the tomatoes and garlic in batches (as it will be too bulky to add all at once) and continue stirring so that it cooks evenly as you continue to add more kale to the pan. Continue to stir and cook until all the kale has wilted and turned a brighter shade of green. It will cook down a good deal.
5. Pour the boullion/soy liquid over the kale and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the kale is soft.
6. Season with pepper and serve.
Goes well with couscous, rice, or quinoa or also as a side dish for meat or fish.
recipe and photo from thegardenofeating.org