Orecchiette with kale, bacon and sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 5 cups bagged prewashed kale
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes or until almost tender. Add kale, and cook 2 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; crumble and set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add pasta mixture, reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, black pepper, and salt to pan; toss to combine. Top pasta mixture evenly with bacon and cheese; drizzle evenly with lemon juice.
Recipe from Cooking Light December 2010