Roasted tomatillo sauce over pasta
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husks removed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. dry whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 4 cups loosely-packed fresh spinach (3 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. each sugar, kosher salt, and red pepper flakes
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pecorino Romano cheese shavings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine tomatillos with garlic in a bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to a baking dish; roast for 35 minutes.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- Place roasted tomatillo mixture in a food processor; add spinach, broth, oregano, thyme, sugar, salt, and pepper flakes. Process until sauce is blended.
- Drain linguine; transfer to a bowl with cherry tomatoes. Add sauce and toss to coat linguine and tomatoes. Garnish each serving with Romano shavings.
- Per serving: 269 cal, 6g total fat, 0mg chol; 527mg sodium; 56g carbs; 11g protein
Source: Cuisine Lite